YouTube enjoys massive popularity as the top video sharing platform. You can watch and upload videos, create playlists and channels.
However, sometimes the YouTube videos are blocked by regional conditions and of course; you can’t download YouTube videos unless they are your own. In this article, we will see how to unblock and download YouTube content.
How to Unblock YouTube Content?
You must have noticed that ALL content on YouTube aren’t publicly visible. Some are marked as private by the video uploader and the visibility of other videos is filtered by region. As such, this is message is displayed: “The uploader has not made this video available in your country”.
The #1 Recommended Service for Viewing YouTube & NetFlix Content
There are certain tools to bypass the regional censorships. Some of them are listed below:
- Unblock YouTube: Just copy-paste the desired blocked URL on the site and view the video. Simple!
- ProxMate: Just install either the Chrome or Firefox extension; the tool works in the background. No copy-pasting of links are involved. All blocked videos are unblocked automatically.
- FoxyProxy: It’s available for both Firefox and Chrome. Buy a proxy server, copy-paste the blocked URL, select server location and view blocked YouTube videos.
- Hotspot Shield: A powerful VPN service provider, the tool works on desktops and smartphones. Use the trial download to see how it works. The tool allows you to access blocked websites anonymously.
Any of these tools will be suitable to unblock YouTube content. Take your pick!
How to Download YouTube Content?
The standard YouTube content rules render it impossible to download YouTube videos uploaded by others. However, if you’ve your own YouTube channel, you can download MP4 files easily.
A number of 3rd party tools exists enabling users to download YouTube content easily. Not all the 3rd party tools are reliable because:
- the tools are full of ads
- the tools can be susceptible to virus
Finding reliable tools to download YouTube content is tough and in this post, I am going to introduce one of such reliable tools which I have been using for some time.
The tool is called 4KDownload. Developed by Open Media LLC, 4KDownload offers a suite of shareware which works on cross-platforms such as Linux, Windows, Ubuntu and Mac. The tool allows video downloading from popular video hosting sites like Facebook, YouTube, Flickr, SoundCloud, DailyMotion and Vimeo.
How does 4KDownload Work?
4KDownload has a hassle-free installation procedure. Downloading and installing the software takes few minutes. Once done, a new interface opens prompting you to choose a video for download. Copy-paste the source link and the download begin.
The process is illustrated below:
- Download and install the software.
- Copy video or playlist link from YouTube and paste it.
- Select the file format, video quality and subtitles choice. Click Download.
- The download time depends on Internet speed.
- Once downloaded, click the Play button and the video opens in the in-built video viewing software.
…and you’re done!
- Additionally, you can add a proxy network to access blocked videos. Click on Preferences > Show Proxy > Proxy Enabled. Add proxy details and click Close.
You can also use their Smart Mode option to present downloading options for all videos.
4KDownload offers paid features, which includes:
- unlimited playlist downloading
- unlimited channels downloading
- unlimited subtitles downloading
To access the paid feature, you’ve to purchase a license key. Click on Activate > Get License Key to make the premium purchase.
The license key works on 3 computers and you’ve to pay just once. All future updates are free of cost!
The 4KDownload tool allows you to save files in various formats like MP3, MP4, MKV and FLV. You can install the software on an iPad or iPhone too. The tools also supports 3D file format.
4KDownload is a recommended tool to download YouTube content for free. It’s free from adware and malware.